Why is Boulder’s Natural Animal Hospital the best place for my pet’s Dental Health Care?
At Boulder’s Natural Animal Hospital you can enjoy some truly SPECIAL VETERINARIANS because Dr. Adams and Dr. Brockmann have ADVANCED TRAINING IN DENTAL HEALTHCARE!
In 2010 both Dr. Adams and Dr. Brockmann completed both the Level I and Level II Dental Training Seminars created and taught by Dr. Tony M Woodward. Dr. Woodward is a Board Certified Veterinary Dental Specialist in Colorado Springs. To learn more about him, click HERE.
In these courses Dr. Adams and Dr. Brockmann aquired some advanced skills in Dental Healthcare such as:
- The 12-Step Cleaning Procedure
- Advanced diagnostics in Oral Pathology
- Advanced skills in Dental Radiology
- Surgical Tooth Extraction Skills
- Oro-nasal Fistula Repair Skills
- Bonded Sealant Skills for Fractured Teeth (to avoid extractions)
- Oral/Dental Local Anesthesia Skills
- And more!
So the next time one of our doctors recommends a Professional Dental Cleaning, you can be confident you are getting the very best dental care in Boulder!
At Boulder’s Natural Animal Hospital we believe in great Dental Health ALL YEAR ‘ROUND!!!
Every year veterinary hospitals around the country take the month of February to focus on the importance of dental and oral health in our furry friends. At Boulder’s Natural Animal Hospital we believe dental health is important all year ’round!
Check out this great video to learn more about dental care and disease in dogs and cats:
WHY ALL THE FOCUS ON DENTAL HEALTH???
- 85% of adult dogs and cats have periodontal disease
- More than 70% of cats and dogs show signs of dental disease by age 3
- Almost 1/3 of all domestic cats have a painful dental disorder called “resorptive lesions”
- Oral disease can directly lead to disease of the heart, kidneys and liver
And to make mattters worse dental disease in animals can be a HIDDEN MENACE:
- Sometimes the “Crown” of the tooth looks clean but disease lingers below the gumline
- Tooth fractures can occur on the inside of teeth where we can’t easily see
- Cats and dogs are programmed by nature to hide symptoms of oral disease
- Many times, our pets act totally normal – even eat hard food – while advanced disease occurs in their mouth
Luckily, it doesn’t take much to help and prevent further dental disease! The vast majority of dental disease can be successfully resolved with a thorough, Professional Dental Cleaning!
WHAT DOES A PROFESSIONAL DENTAL CLEANING ENTAIL?
In addition to all the other steps and precautions inherent in a anesthetic treatment at Boulder’s Natural Animal (click HERE for more info on how we handle anesthesia at BNA) your pet will receive:
- A thorough dental/oral exam by a veterinary doctor
- Hand scaling of the teeth to remove visible tartar
- Ultrasonic scaling of the teeth to remove small tartar and plaque
- Root planing to remove tartar from the roots of teeth below the gumline and treat/prevent gingivitis
- High speed polishing of the teeth to smooth the surface and prevent accumulation of bacteria on the teeth
- IF NECESSARY – Full Mouth digital x-rays to check the interior health of the teeth and roots
- IF NECESSARY – bonded sealant of cavities or small breaks in the teeth
- IF NECESSARY – surgical extraction of diseased teeth
Your furry friend will leave the hospital with a glowing, happy, healthy mouth!
Call us TODAY at 303-494-7877 to schedule you pet’s Professional Dental Cleaning!